How to Buy a RV: New vs. Used
Welcome to Part 2 in our How to buy a RV Series. This post explores the merits of buying a NEW vs. a USED RV. If you missed part 1, click HERE to access the first post in this series which discusses WHEN to buy a RV.
Most folks love the smell of a new vehicle – and RV’s are no different. Getting a nice, shiny, new RV is a real treat. But – is it worth the extra bucks over what you’ll pay for a similar (keyword) used RV? Watch my video below and then see if you agree with my “summary points” – and by all means, feel free to chime into the discussion by using the reply section at the bottom of the post!
How to Buy a RV – New vs. Used
- Greatest depreciation of a new RV occurs during the first 2 years
- RV’s over 10 years old are hard to sell – so when buying used, look for something between 2 – 5 model years old
- GET AN EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACT!! Click HERE to learn more, see why, and get a quote – and this is NOT just for used RV’s, though it is VITAL for used RV’s!!
- Buying from a dealer is often safer than buying from a private party – in the video I explain why
- Never buy a used RV “sight unseen”
Thanks for visiting here today. While you’re on my site, please do visit the home page and see other topics that may be of interest to all RV’ers. You can also subscribe by entering your name/email to the “follow us” info in the upper right corner above. Lastly, join in on the discussion in our RV Lifestyle Facebook Group.