RV Loans – Securing the BEST deal… (Part 5 of a “How to” Series”)
It’s fun to dream isn’t it? Many folks shop for RV’s, sometimes for years dreaming of the times they’ll have the lifestyle they’ll live. For many, turning that dream into reality requires a loan as RV’s (especially new RV’s) are a big ticket item.
Note: Following the suggestions in the following video and the information written here can help to save you THOUSANDS over the life of your RV loan.
RV loans are categorized as recreational loans. The significance of this designation is addressed in my video below… (after the video join me below the video as I share a few summary thoughts – and as always, feel free to add yours below using the reply feature on this page.)
- Lenders are looking to issue loans to people whom they believe will pay them back!
- The better your credit score and debt:income ratio, the less you’ll pay for your loan
- Credit unions and banks each have advantages to borrow from
- Recreational loans incur a higher rate than auto loans, but typically run for a longer term
- Loan interest on RV’s is potentially tax deductible – know your situation and relevant tax laws before doing so!
Join in on the discussion…
Also – connect with RV Across America using the “subscribe” button above
Missed any of the “How to buy a RV” posts? Click HERE to get to the first post and review the entire series!
Already own a RV? Limit your exposure (yep, they do break!) with an extended service contract – here is MY STORY.
About the Author (Author Profile)Alan Sills is a full-time RV'er and has been since 2011. A science educator at heart, Alan has realized that its important to maintain an income stream while "on the road". He writes about RV life, RV issues, and living an entrepreneurial lifestyle.
Sites That Link to this Post
- RV Loans - The Inside Story YOU need to know... - Promo Loan | April 19, 2016
- RV Loans - The Inside Story YOU need to know... - home-loans-calculators.com | October 7, 2016